Addity is founded on proven practices of motivating learning in a structured manner.
To provide an inclusive, rich and dynamic learning environment to nourish and support critical thinking and bring out every child’s true potential.
To promote higher-order thinking skills in problem solving.
To develop a love for learning by covering both the breadth and depth of lessons taught.
WE STRIVE TO
- Create more opportunities for structured inquiry-based learning e.g. learning journeys, math magic
- Improve the quality of current day instruction
- Enhance the quality of teacher-student interaction
- Use open-ended and probing questions to stimulate thinking
- Encourage collaboration through cooperative learning strategies
- Focuse on the use of quality resources and practices
- Designe authentic activities and assessment tasks
- Reduce learning anxiety
- Provide regular and meaningful feedback
- Invest in research that improves the effectiveness of our Additive approach.
Meet Our Founder
A passionate advocate for the importance of Math and Science education in driving innovation, Preeti fuels learning enrichment for all kids at Addity in her role as Managing Director. An accomplished professional with over 15 years of experience spanning consulting, teaching and training, she is also the academic advisor to the advanced Math program at Charan’s Public School which focusses on developing interest and excellence in Math and critical thinking.
Preeti has served on several IEEE, EIC and ACM Conference Organizing Committees across Canada. She has also served as the Section Chair of IEEE Women in Engineering, the largest international professional organization dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists. She has organized various educational outreach programs with local high schools in order to create a positive image of engineering careers. Preeti is invited to speak at various events and conferences on a regular basis.
Preeti received her Bachelors in Engineering from Bangalore University in 2000, her Masters in Computer Science from Carleton University in 2008 and subsequently pursued her PhD in Computer Security and biomimetic learning there. She also has an MA in Education from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto.